- British designer Vivienne Westwood began working in fashion in 1970 and is most famous for bringing punk style clothing into the mainstream.
- Throughout the '70s Westwood's ran a boutique on Kings Road in London (variously named "Sex", "Let it Rock" and "Seditionaries") which sold Westwood's designs, initially just T-shirts.
- In 1981, Westwood hosted her first runway show, named "Pirates."
- Over the years, Westwood has morphed her style to be more technical and sophisticated than her original rebellious creations. While her work continuously evolves hallmarks include a mixture of rough edges and classical British tailoring, dramatic cuts, Victorian influences and irreverence.
- Westwood received the title DBE by Queen Elizabeth II in 2006, has won the British Designer of the Year award on three different occasions, and a major retrospective of her work was featured at the prestigious Victoria and Albert Museum in London from 2004-2005.
- Westwood produces a wide range of accessories as well as several lines including Gold Label, Red Label, Anglomania, and Man.
- Article about Westwood, TheGuardian.co.uk, November 2008
- Article about the work of Westwood, Metropolitan Museum of Art, 2009
- Interview with Westwood, Time Magazine, January 2009
- Article about Westwood’s retrospective exhibit, CNN.com/Asia, January 2009
- Collections on Style.com
Vivienne Westwood Menswear Spring/Summer 2005
Vivienne Westwood Womenswear Spring/Summer 2007
Vivienne Westwood Menswear Fall/Winter 2008
Vivienne Westwood Womenswear Spring/Summer 2009
Vivienne Westwood Menswear Spring/Summer 2009
Blog Posts Mentioning Vivienne Westwood
The Sale Rack: Westwood, S4RD, Etc at Scout: Scout has been added to the lineup of stores at Refinery29 Shops, and the first items of theirs on the site are edgy designer items from previous...(20 March 2007)
Vivienne Westwood at the de Young: Two weekends ago, the de Young museum in San Francisco kicked off "Vivienne Westwood: 36 Years in Fashion." Running through June 10, the...(18 March 2007)
Jeremy Scott, Vivienne Westwood at Scout: We never really saw the sharply-tailored, punk rock chic of Vivienne Westwood as particularly compatible with the loose and wacky designs of...(06 February 2007)
New Martin Margiela & Vivienne Westwood at Eva: New Martin Margiela and Vivienne Westwood at EVA. Take a look. (30 January 2007)
Vivienne Westwood Interview: Not much to talk about today (not even sales!), so we'll point you to an interview with Vivienne Westwood by the London Times. She always has...(11 January 2007)
Scout Online: Scout in Los Angeles just opened up their online shop, offering a small sampling of their cutting-edge fashion items. Vivienne Westwood jacket...(16 November 2006)
Stores Carrying Vivienne Westwood
|Bird||West Hollywood, CA United States||Yes|
|Corniche||Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom||Yes|
|Diavolina||Los Angeles, CA United States||No|
|Kokon To Zai||London, United Kingdom||No|
|Kokon To Zai||Paris, France||No|
|Kokon To Zai||Lonon, United Kingdom||No|
|Poste||London, United States||No|
|Scout||Los Angeles, CA United States||No|
|Sefton||London, United Kingdom||Yes|
|The New World Order||New York, New York United States||No|
|U&I||Montréal, Quebec Canada||Yes|
|White Trash Charms||Los Angeles, CA United States||No|
|Worthwhile||Charleston, SC United States||Yes|
Stores That Carry Vivienne Westwood Also Carry