Hirsutism can be described as a condition many women suffer from. It involves excessive and unwanted body and facial hair. This disease is not very common, though. That is because women have different hair types. Some have fine or light hair, while others have dark and coarse hair. As such, you will have to select an ideal removal cream for facial hair that accommodates your type of skin.
Women’s body hair is not the same as the type they have on their faces. Facial hair is sometimes referred to as “peach fuzz.” In comparison to hypertrichosis, hirsutism refers to a surplus of facial hair growth. According to research, hirsutism is genetic.
If your sister or mother (or another female member of the family) suffers from this disease, odds are that you will, too. Between 5% and 10% of females suffer from this issue.
Review of the 10 of the Best Facial Hair removal Creams
The following creams are very effective in removing facial hair from their roots in order to provide you with optimal results. This list is put together with the assistance of our in house skincare specialists. The products below were ranked as per their effectiveness.
Surgi – Cream Hair Remover for Facial Hair Removal
This depilatory cream by Surgi can be applied to all types of skin, including sensitive ones. So anyone can have smooth skin.
If you follow correctly the directions, you won’t experience any itchiness, rashes, or burning issues.
In comparison to other types of creams, this product has a nice scent. The manufacturer offers a decent deal – you can purchase a three-pack that includes several different sizes. You’ll also get a smoothing cream that can be applied after the treatment is complete. Irritation will be prevented once this cream is applied.
- This product was made purposely to remove facial hair.
- Effective at removing hair from its core.
- Contains a nice smell in contrast to other creams.
- A smoothing cream is included, which should be applied after hair is removed.
- Hair is removed from the cheek, chin, and upper lip at 5 to 8-minute intervals.
- The formula includes aloe vera, pro-vitamin B2, and cucumber, which work together to soften skin.
- Moisture is retained thanks to the maple honey.
- Contains extracts of citrus, olive, and papaya, which minimize hair regrowth.
- Nice scent.
- Effective on skin that is sensitive.
- No tingling effect, soreness, nicks, bumps, redness, rashes, or irritation.
GiGi Facial Hair Removal Cream and Calming Balm Set
GiGi Facial Hair Removal Cream and Calming Balm Set offers an optimal approach to removing face hair. The product’s effects last a long time. This product is effective for skin types of all sorts. It is easy to apply the cream to remove unwanted hair on certain areas of the face. The solution is quick-acting – your unwanted hair will be removed in four minutes or less.
This product contains a gentle formula and will not irritate the skin or make it red. The cream contains Aloe Barbadian’s leaf juice and cucumber, both of which help moisturize and help skin restore its normal pH balance. They also condition skin from within in order to make it smoother and softer. It doesn’t contain any strong or foul smell and can be used on the cheeks, chin, hairline, and upper lip.
- Ideal for skin types of all sorts.
- Effects are long-lasting.
- Contains cucumber and Aloe Barbadian’s leaf juice.
- Results are apparent in less than four minutes.
- Includes an effective calming balm to apply after using the hair removal cream.
- No stubble or mess.
- Aroma is pleasant.
- No skin burns, redness, rashes, or irritation.
- Moisturizes skin.
- Works in four minutes or less.
- Simple to apply.
GiGi Hair Removal Cream for Face with Slow Grow Soothing Cream for Sensitive skin
We saw another product from the same company.
Here, we have the version for sensitive skin. Like most facial hair removers, the removal process is quite simple. The cream makes the skin smoother, softer.
The kit includes a hair remover and a slow growth soothing cream.
The hair removal cream is similar to the regular version except the version for sensitive skin has honey to soothe the skin. The slow growth soothing cream helps slow down the regrowth of hair with aloe vera, olive leaf extract and papaya enzymes. Be mindful of not applying the cream to wounded skin areas of course…
- Will not burn skin.
- Easy to use and very effective.
- Removes unbalanced tone and clears complexion.
- Will not dry skin out.
- Softens skin and moisturizes it; results noticeable after about 14 days.
- No burn marks, redness, or irritation.
- perfect for all skin types, especially for sensitive skin.
- the slow growth soothing cream has a exfoliating effect for smooth and glowing skin
- Causes temporary mild itching if you leave the product more than 8-10 minutes.
- the smell could be improved.
Salley Hansen Spa Hair Removal Cream for Face
This company provides customers with a hair removal kit. The process is painless, and the results happen significantly fast. The cream is comprised of a lotion containing Vitamin E, which deep conditions the skin to make it soft and smooth. The solution contains collagen that is capable of moisturizing skin from within. The solution is most effective on medium or fine hair.
This cream also contains extracts of saw palmetto, willow herbs, and pumpkin seeds, all of which aid in preventing regrowth of hair. Treating the skin with this product will make it healthy and hair-free.
- The solution is very effective on medium and fine hair.
- Usable on any part of the body.
- Not very effective on hair that is coarse or thick.
- Contains Vitamin E, which conditions the skin.
- Contains pumpkin seed extracts, willow herbs, and saw palmetto, all of which help to stop hair from re-growing.
- Collagen composition moisturizes skin.
- Slow hair regrowth.
- No soreness, burn marks, or redness.
- Minimal irritation.
- Contains Vitamin E, which makes skin smoother, post-application.
- The process of application is quite convenient.
- Simple to use.
- Not very effective on coarse hair.
Sally Hansen Brush-On Facial Hair Remover
When it comes to trusted cosmetic brands, Sally hansen leads the way. The company has created a handy hair removal product with a built in brush to precisely remove coarse, medium, or fine facial hair. It really makes the process so much more convenient and easy. This product will remove stubborn hair, and will leave behind skin that is glowing, smooth, and free of hair. The process is completely pain-free.
Make sure that a layer significantly thick is applied to an area, to a point where you can’t see the skin underneath. Keep the cream on for at least eight minutes.
It is a bit more expensive but it could be worth it with the built in brush.
- It has a built in brush for ease of use
- You can expect the effects to last for 90 days.
- There is no redness, burn marks, or swelling involved with the process.
- Regrowth of facial hair happens slowly, post-use.
- Minimal irritation once applied.
- Takes away medium, coarse, and fine hair from the jawline and upper neck.
- It includes natural ingredients which soothe skin.
- Skin gets smoother.
- Eliminates stubborn hair.
- Each pack will last approximately 12 uses.
- Fast removal and application.
- Simple to use.
- The most optimal solution to get rid of facial hair.
- Some users experienced a side effect of light skin peeling.
- It may sting and burn if you leave it too long.
- The smell isn’t pleasant.
Avon skin so soft Fresh and Smooth Facial Hair Removal Cream for Sensitive Skin
This product removes undesired hair effortlessly. The solution contains meadowfoam oil and aloe vera. As such, it feels mild on skin that is sensitive. The cream’s aloe vera content makes skin feel more smooth. It doesn’t contain any scent, so you don’t need to worry about foul smells. After application, the skin will feel moisturized and soft.
It is easy to apply this product. The cream layer applied should be thick and should not be rubbed on the spot warranting hair removal. You should test the cream out first on a small area and wait about three minutes to see if there are any side effects. The solution shouldn’t be left on skin for any longer than eight minutes. The cream is completely odorless.
- Very effective on hair that is fine.
- Tested rigorously to ensure minimum irritation.
- Free of fragrances.
- Contains aloe vera and meadowfoam oil.
- Smoother and cleaner skin, post-use.
- Removes unwanted hairs effortlessly.
- Smooth and clean skin.
- No foul scent.
- Minimal irritation.
- Helps to eliminate hair with ease.
- Some customers claim that their skin was burned by the product.
- Some users claim the product leaves behind red marks.
- Not very effective on hair that is coarse.
Nair Hair Remover Moisturizing Face Cream
This product is purposely designed to remove facial hair. It is produced by a reputable brand known as Church & Dwight Co. Nair can be applied to the chin, cheeks, and upper lips, though you are discouraged from applying it to eyebrows. The cream accommodates sensitive skin, so the wearer won’t develop irritation or redness, post-application. The formula contains almond oil, and as such, the skin remains soft and moisturized once the cream is applied. Nair does not have a foul order and is pink in color.
- The product is made to remove facial hair.
- Safe to use on all types of skin, including sensitive ones.
- Moisture is retained thanks to the almond oil.
- The scent is pleasant.
- Removal and application are effortless.
- Effectively removes hair in 10 minutes or less.
- Hair can be removed pain-free, as opposed to shaving.
- Regrowth of hair is prolonged.
- Using the product couldn’t be more convenient.
- Can be purchased as a spray, gel, or cream.
- Offers value for your dollar.
- Aroma isn’t unpleasant.
Andrea Depilatories and Bleaches, Gentle Hair Remover for the Face
This company has produced a depilatory treatment that both women and men can use. It has been tested and proven to easily remove undesired facial hairs. It doesn’t take long for the solution to take effect – in fact, you’ll notice results in eight minutes or less. The cream removes all types of hair effectively, whether they are rough, thick, medium, or fine.
We have the hair remover and a bottle of soothing cream with rosemary and sage extract. It doesn’t dry skin out, nor will it leave behind any rashes on your skin. Instead, your skin will be exfoliated and remain hydrated. Also, regrowth of hair is slowed down, post-application. You must apply one layer of cream with a spatula on a certain area, then leave it there for approximately 10 minutes before removing it.
- Skin is left hydrated and exfoliated.
- Hair strands get removed from their core, and the impact will last a while.
- Removes hair from their roots on all parts of your body except your face.
- Contains rosemary and sage extract.
- Hydrates skin.
- No dryness or rashes.
- No irritation or burn marks.
- Skin gets moisturized and is left feeling cool
- Although the cream does not have a foul smell, it could have a better scent.
- Some users have complained of inconsistency with the effect. For instance, after several applications, the product isn’t as effective on a specific area being treated.
Veet Gel Hair Removal Cream Sensitive
This company has produced a sensitive formula that is gel-based. It is quite effective on skin that is sensitive, removing undesired hairs out of their roots gently. The formula contains Vitamin E and aloe vera, leaving skin supple, moisturized, and soft. Because the formula is sensitive, it won’t leave behind nicks, soreness, redness, or bumps. The solution helps skin remain hydrated for a full day.
The cream must be spread gently on an area using a spatula. It should be left on skin for at least five minutes. Check a very small area where this cream was applied after about 5 minutes. If hair is easily removed, then the entire coating can be taken off. If some hairs appear to be stubborn, you can leave the cream on for a little bit longer, but no more than 10 minutes. This cream can be applied to any part of the body – which includes legs and hands – but not your face.
- The cream’s chemical depilatories contain an active compound that dissolves hair shafts.
- A mechanical movement is implemented by the spatula, pulling dissolved hair away from skin.
- Takes away undesired hairs effortlessly in five minutes or less.
- Safe to use on all parts of the body.
- Contains aloe vera and Vitamin E.
- Sensitive skin-friendly.
- Safe to use on sensitive skin.
- Formula is fast-acting.
- Fast removal and application thanks to the included spatula.
- Residue is not left behind on skin, post-wash, and therefore, no irritation will ensue.
- Irritation is negligible.
- No redness, soreness, or burning sensation.
- Effective on all parts of the body.
- Chemical smell is foul.
- Not as effective on hair in comparison to other treatments.
- Some reports claim a tingling sensation might be felt if the cream is left on for too long.
- Some people with hypersensitive skin have reported rashes, post-use.
Nad’s Facial Hair Removal Cream For Sensitive Skin
Developed specifically to remove facial hair, this kit includes 2 products – a Gentle Finishing balm, and a Hair Removal Cream. The formula effectively works on the chin and upper lips. The aroma left behind is not foul. The balm includes almond oil and calendula oil, both of which soften skin to make it smoother and more conditioned.
The removal and application process is fairly easy. The cream is applied to a treatment area. Five minutes later, the cream is removed. And we apply the soothing balm. The skin is exfoliated and left hydrated for a full day. The product is safe to use on all types of skin, and the effect is long-lasting. It can be used on just about every hair type, including medium, rough, or fine.
- Hydrates skin.
- Moisturizes, softens, and smooths skin.
- Reduces ingrown hairs.
- Removes short hairs.
- Effective on all types of skin.
- Eliminates hairs.
- Nourishes skin.
- Removes hair from its roots.
- Ideal for sensitive skin.
- Hydrates and exfoliates skin.
- Manages peach fuzz.
- Overpowering smell.
- Some customers complained of light irritation feeling after using the product which will disappear after 10-20 minutes.
Be mindful that not everyone has the same type of skin – there are various sensitivity levels to consider. Some products might work better than others, depending on what type of skin you have. Hopefully, this article gave you some clarity on your options for hair removal products.
As a lady, the last thing you want is to sport facial hair, as it can hinder your self-esteem and be uncomfortable. Let’s familiarize ourselves with aspects that fuel the growth of facial hair.
Which Facial hair removal cream is the best ?
The removal creams mentioned above are all worth trying out.
I am a fan of Surgi – Cream for Facial Hair Removal and I recommended it to anyone concerned about developing an irritation and/or redness, post-use.
It comes with a type of soothing cream that protects the skin after the hair removal.
Surgi’s product minimizes potential side effects, which may come about from the use of depilatories. Also, it is recommended for people who have sensitive skin, as well as for people who are sensitive to foul smells.
The face hair removal cream will eliminate fine and coarse hair without itching or burning sensations of any sort.
The product doesn’t contain any strange aromas, so you will be unaffected if you tend to have a reaction to products that have a strong smell.
At least one of the products listed above will give you a positive outcome and deliver the best bang for your buck. Just don’t purchase a product because of its cheaper price – the one you select should give you your money’s worth without side effects.
What to check to choose the best facial hair removal cream for you?
Here are the points you should keep in mind before choosing the right facial hair remover for your skin.
Is your skin normal or sensitive? The only way to determine this is to see what type of reaction your skin has to certain products.
If products are applied, and you have some sort of reaction to them, then the removal cream you should be looking for should be specifically made for skin that is sensitive.
Speak with your dermatologist before you test any product, though.
What types of ingredients are in the facial hair removal cream you are thinking about using? Do they contain chemical ingredients, or are the contents all-natural?
You shouldn’t be using products that will produce unexpected effects down the road. Speak with your doctor about a product’s ingredients if you’re interested in using one.
As a rule of thumb, natural ingredients are a lot safer to use than chemical compounds. The last thing you want is a product which causes unexpected changes to your skin’s hormones.
Texture of Hair
Is your hair texture rough or soft? Some depilatories are only effective at removing fine hair.
As such, if your hair texture is coarse, determine if a product you’re interested in will be effective at removing coarse hair.
Many people are sensitive to smells. If you’re one such person, you should look for a scent-free product or one that doesn’t have an overpowering smell.
If you are interested in a certain product, speak with customers that have used it before and asked for their opinion about its smell. It may be worthwhile to choose a product that has a scent added to it in order to counteract the smell you aren’t fond of.
Effectiveness of the Cream
How long will it take before unwanted hair is removed by the cream? It is possible that the hair removal process will take a lot longer than you expect it to.
You shouldn’t buy a cream if it can’t remove all the hair you don’t want.
Make sure you factor in the waiting period recommended by the product’s manufacturer before spending money on it.
It is also prudent to review customer feedback about a product to find out how long the process took for them to work.
All depilatories come with side effects of some sort. Several are severe, while others are manageable.
You should find out what the worst-case scenarios are for a product if used. Being cautious will help you be prepared for a potential issue or help you bypass them.
Refrain from using removal creams containing mercury, as they could contribute to severe reactions down the road.
Why do females develop chin hair?
Chin hair isn’t necessarily a health condition. Growth of chin hair is mostly stimulated by hormonal imbalances. This type of condition comes about when women produce higher than normal testosterone levels. Certain medications can also contribute to a surplus of facial hair growth for women.
Can chin hair growth be minimized?
There are a number of ways to remove undesired chin hair. One option is to shave it off. This isn’t recommended for females, though, as it is a short-term solution. Laser treatment may also be on the table, but the procedure is costly. The only budget-friendly and reliable method is to use creams to remove facial hair.
What cream should I use in order to prevent the growth of facial hair?
While there are no shortage of choices at your disposal, not every option will be suitable for you. Whatever product you use must effectively remove hair without negatively impacting your skin. The options listed above are some of the best hair removal creams on the market.
For people with sensitive skin, what removal cream is recommended?
While the list above features many worthwhile options, some of them are ideal for people who have sensitive skin. As such, before buying a product, make sure that it is safe to use on your type of skin.
Will chin hair grow more if I pluck it?
Professionals dispute the notion that chin hair plucking results in future regrowth. On the contrary, experts believe that hair growth is heavily influenced by genetic and hormonal factors.
Tips with face hair removal creams
Consider following the suggestions below when using a cream to remove facial hair easily and safely:
- Always make sure to test a small patch on a very small area of your skin prior to applying it on your face. Doing so will help you avoid skin irritations and redness.
- The cream shouldn’t be left on your face for longer than the suggested time printed on the container or you might burn your skin.
- A mildly hot shower taken before removal cream is applied can open up your pores, simplifying the process of removing hair that is coarse.
- The cream shouldn’t be used more than two times each month. Using it for more than that can lead to thicker hair during the subsequent cycle, as well as irritating your skin.
- The skin on your face is much more sensitive in comparison to the remainder of your body. That is why you need to purchase a cream that accommodates sensitive skin. Using the right product will give you the results desired without any harm to your skin.
- You can use some ice cubes to soothe skin after hair removal in order to reduce redness and close pores.
- An applicator that is included with a product should be used to apply a removal cream directly on your skin. It should be evenly spread (as opposed to rubbed) in order to have hair removed more easily and efficiently.
The removal creams for facial hair mentioned above can be purchased online.
Each one of them is simple to use. All of them can effortlessly remove unwanted facial hair. Best of all, these products are a viable alternative to tweezing and threading. They don’t make a mess and give you fast results. This article should help you find a suitable removal cream, so save it as a resource.